Easigrass Supports Jewson and Band of Builders for THE BIG BREW Event
A Big Brew event offers tradespeople a safe place to come together and have a chat. The aim is to encourage conversations, connections, and relationships among mates.
Band of Builders want to make people comfortable discussing issues around mental health and raise awareness of available support services.
This campaign was prompted by the shocking figures around mental health in the construction industry:
- An estimated two UK Construction sector workers die by suicide every day
- UK Construction sector workers are nearly three times as likely to die by suicide than their counterparts in other industries
- In the UK alone, 400,000 working days were lost to mental health issues in 2018 (55% of all days lost)
- Mental health issues are responsible for approximately a £37 billion cost to the UK construction industry every year
- 90% of construction managers admit they have struggled with their mental health
As part of the campaign Band of Builders aims to fund or provide a new range of mental health support services aimed at members of the UK construction industry and focused on supply chain companies, small businesses and the self-employed who were recently discovered to be at higher risk than those working in larger organisations.